Monday, June 1, 2015

WATCH or WASH: movie recommendations

Huh. Whaddaya know? It's June already. Which means half the year is done. Which means I am wayyyy past my self-imposed deadline to finish writing TMCRA...and I'm not freaking out. Why? Because I'm taking James Patterson's advice to heart and outlining the heck out of this book. And will not start writing again until I have said outline polished to a shine. 

So, in the meantime...as I can't very well outline a brilliant book without watching some brilliant movies...I've been binge watching stuff. Bottling inspiration. Spritzing it on myself and THE DOG all day long.

Here's a list of the last 5 movies I watched in no particular order:

PIKU


My take: It's so much more than shit-talk. I mean, Piku's shit-talk is smarter than some people's smart talk. Seriously, Peeps, watch this movie.

THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON


My take: Superheroes, supervillains, superb star cast, super jokes, super gadgetries...what's not to love? Super super super entertaining. An evening well spent.

GABBAR


My take: the plot suspends disbelief to an extreme but I dig the theme, the message behind the movie. Must watch. 
(PS: DH has this thing where he calls strong willed women...mostly his mom and me...by this name and has for years. Sholay being his forever favorite movie. He's strange that way.)

THE FALL


My take: Scully and Mulder this is not! It's worse. It's so baaad that at one point I thought I really wouldn't mind being serial killed by Paul Spector...and that is just wrong on so many levels. It's that good. Go watch it. It's streaming on Netflix.

OUTLANDER


My take: I have loved the book/s for a decade now. Been obsessed with James Alexander Malcolm McKenzie Fraser like my teenage self was with Ronan Keating. Complete disclosure: I didn't love the TV series but that's because I think the book is ULTRA-MAG! Season 1 is finito, so go watch it before you read the book. 

And that's it for now. Flick off.

No comments:

Post a Comment