Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SORROW

Sorrow and loss touch everyone, no exception. They come at the unlikeliest of times, robbing us of breath and speech and sometimes our soul. But it is in such moments that we know our true character and our best courage. So, be sure to welcome them when they greet you next.

This is a song of loss that I love. A song of memories, heartbreak and survival. Hope you enjoy it too. 

Tears From Heaven by Eric Clapton.



And here's a quote from the book I just finished reading that sparked this mood...


“I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."

His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.

Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” 

2 comments:

  1. When "Tears in Heaven" was released I bawled my eyes out. And again, of course, when Jamie said those words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I'm past the point of re-unification in Voyager. :)

      Delete